Online casino entertainment is by far more desirable and has a higher quality of experience than brick and mortar casino entertainment. How so? There are a few reasons: First, if you're playing a game that requires a bit of concentration, like Blackjack for example, there is no noise to distract you from deciding whether you should Hit, Stand, or Double. Second, you can play at your convenience by simply logging on to your PC, logging into your casino account, making a quick online deposit, and heading to your favourite casino game. Third, the games have a higher payout percentage than you would find at a land-based casino. Take for example Slots and Video Poker, some of the variations in these game types have payouts as high as 99%. Fourth, you can play multiple games at the same time. Try doing that in a land-based casino. There are lots more reasons too but you get the gist, so let's continue to the real meat of the matter - what to do to sign up at an online casino.
To get started playing online, you need to know a few basic rules - the main one being scrutiny. You have to scrutinize the casinos you play at before you deposit your money to prevent any unsavoury surprises. We will cover these online casino tips in another section. The first thing to get started playing, once you've made a casino selection is:
- Download the software. The means to do this lays in a simple button that is labelled "Download Now" or simply "Download". Clicking on it will cause a window to appear. Click on "Save File" or in some cases "Save" to begin the download process.
- Once the download is complete, an icon will appear on your PC desktop. You will need to double-click on it in order to install the software. The installation process is very quick and when it is finished, another icon will appear on your desktop. This is the icon you will need to use to enter the casino in future and all you will need to do is double-click it and the casino program will begin to run.
- After the download and installation process comes the account registration process. You need to enter the casino by double-clicking the icon on your desktop. Then, you will need to register an account with the casino. The registration form is simple and requries you to fill in some personal details like your name, address, email address, Username etc.. The purpose for this is to be able to identify you. What the casino does is attach a User ID/Account ID to your registered account and this is used for marketing, fraud and security checks, and accounting purposes. You do want to get paid when you win, right? The only way to get paid is if the casino can be certain that you are really who you say you are on the form. They want to make sure your money gets to you almost as much as you do. After registration, your account details are emailed to the email address you provided on the registration form for your records and reference.
- You can then decide whether you want to try out some of the casino games for free or if you want to Play for Real. We suggest that you give the games a try in the Free Play mode first so you understand the logistics and what to expect. This is especially important when playing multi-line video slots games. The payouts are dependent on the lines but, unless you understand how the lines work, you'll constantly be questioning why you weren't paid for what you consider a potential win. Remember, to enter the casino, you only need to double click on the casino icon on your desktop.
NOTE: Always write down your password or store it in a place where no one else has access. If you have children that use your computer, don't save your password there as this provides the potential risk of your children accessing online gambling sites, which can lead to a host of unnecessary problems - fraud being the most common.
- If you go on to Play for Real, there is a Cashier/Bank feature within your account that allows you to make a deposit. The casino provides several different ways to fund your account. The most common of these are credit cards, debit cards, online eWallet systems, Cheque, and Bank Wire Transfers. Once the money is deposited to your casino account, you can purchase casino chips.
NOTE: In some cases, you may be required to register a credit card in order to withdraw funds.
- When you have won and you want to cash out from your account, go back to the Cashier/Bank and follow the prompts.
Good luck getting started and have fun playing in the casino! Why not try your luck today at Bodog Casino?